Pet Stain and Odor Removal Services in Columbia, SC
Hiring a professional carpet cleaning service is a great way to remove pet urine stains and lingering pet odors. As pet parents know, dried urine is very difficult to remove. Not only that, but it leaves pet owners’ homes in Columbia, SC with a bad odor. Additionally, carpets that are not professionally cleaned annually need replaced more frequently, which costs more money in the long-run.
If you are ready to hire a professional who has years of knowledge and expertise to treat these stubborn stains, don’t hesitate to call Carpet Cleaning of Columbia today!
Request a Call Back !
Best Rated Carpet Cleaner in Columbia, SC
When you hire our professional urine removal services, we will use a variety of the right tools and techniques to remove odors and treat stains caused by pet urine. Some of the typical tools and techniques we use are carpet shampooing, enzymatic cleaners, and professional strength cleaners that are environmentally friendly and safe for your family and pets. Many consumers don’t know that most store bought cleaners are harmful for both people and the environment.
Additionally, our professional carpet cleaners will often use a ultraviolet light detector to locate all of the leftover cat urine or dog urine hiding deep within the carpet fibers. This ensures that no spot is left untreated, allowing 100% of the urine odor to be removed from your home. This will leave your home with such a pleasant scent, guests won’t even know you have pets.
Call Carpet Cleaning of Columbia today to schedule a free consultation so you can enjoy a home free of dog pee odors.
Get a Free Quote Now !
Benefits of Pet Urine Odor & Removal
- Complete odor removal of all traces of unpleasant smells on multiple surfaces (upholstery, rugs, and carpets)
- No risk of damage to your carpet fibers or fabrics
- Quick and easy process – usually takes less than 30 minutes to clean one room
- Long-lasting carpets that need replaced less frequently, saving you money
- A home that smells brand new
How to Prepare Prior to Hiring a Pet Stain Removal Service
If you’ve decided to hire a professional carpet cleaner, there are a few things you can do to prepare your home. But always remember with any DIY carpet cleaning method, you need to do the proper research beforehand. Otherwise, you could use the wrong cleaning method for the particular fabric you are cleaning.
First, you can attempt to remove as much of the cat pee or dog pee as possible by yourself. Always remember to do a spot test first in a small hidden area first to avoid permanently damaging your carpet or any other fabric.
Start by blotting the stain with clean paper towels and warm water, and then spray a small amount of diluted hydrogen peroxide or white vinegar onto the stain. You can also sprinkle baking soda onto the affected area, this method is a great odor eliminator. Also, don’t forget to wear gloves when using any cleaner to protect your skin.
Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaning Method
- If you’re using diluted hydrogen peroxide to remove pet stains, mix 4 tablespoons of peroxide and dilute it with 2 tablespoons of warm water. Then, gently blot it into the carpet with a clean paper towel. Blot the area until it is completely dry.
Baking Soda Cleaning Method
- If you’re using baking soda as an odor remover, sprinkle the baking soda onto the affected area, using no more than one cup. After five minutes have passed you can vacuum it up.
- You may repeat this process to the stained area several times as as an odor eliminator.
White Vinegar Cleaning Method
- For this method, add one part white vinegar and three parts water to a spray bottle and spray the vinegar solution on the spot as an odor remover and stain remover. Allow the vinegar to sit on the stain for a few minutes, then use a wet/dry vacuum cleaner to dry the spot completely. If you don’t have a wet/dry vacuum, you can blot the affected area with paper towels until the spot is completely dry.
- Remember to never use a steam cleaner on urine stains. Hot temperatures from steam cleaners will permanently adhere the urine odor to the carpet fibers.
Purchasing Professional Cleaning Agents
- If you still notice the stain or odor didn’t budge, you may want to consider using a professional enzymatic cleaner to remove tough stains. There are many available to consumers online or at your local hardware store. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully, and test in a small area first.
Once you’ve done all you can do to absorb odors and remove stubborn stains, it’s time to call the professionals. We will use our professional tools and years of expertise to get your home looking and smelling brand new again. Your home will have such a pleasant scent, people won’t even know you’re a pet parent!
What to Expect During Professional Pet Urine Removal
Our expert carpet cleaners will typically start the cleaning process by pre-treating any particularly soiled areas. We then use a variety of the proper tools and techniques to clean the stain based on our diagnosis. This includes carpet shampooing, dry cleaning, or an enzyme treatment. After we are done cleaning, we will often use professional ultraviolet light detectors to locate any leftover pet stains in the carpet. This will remove 100% of the urine odor.
After our professional carpet cleaners have finished their job, you can place a few fans in the room to help speed up the drying process. To avoid quickly re-soiling your freshly cleaned carpets, do not walk on them until they are completely dry. Also, don’t allow your pets on the carpets until they are completely dry.
If you’re still noticing strong cat urine or dog urine smells, you might want to get your carpets professionally deodorized. This is a specialized service that isn’t usually included in most standard carpet cleaning packages, so be sure to ask about it during your pet stain removal consultation!
How to Keep Pet Accidents from Staining your Carpet
It’s possible to avoid letting pet urine stain your carpets, rugs, and upholstery by catching the accident as soon as it happens. If you catch the pet pee before it penetrates into the underlying carpet pad and foundation, it will be much easier to fully remove. If you happen to catch an accident while it is still wet, always blot the urine spot from the outermost edge to the middle. Wiping or rubbing the spot with a towel will do further damage by spreading the urine and not properly absorbing it.
Keep in mind, calling a professional pet stain and odor removal service is usually the best option for many homeowners. Our professionals will safely and effectively clean your carpets, rugs, and upholstery with our years knowledge and expertise.
Get In Touch With Us Today!
If you have cat urine or dog urine that is not extracted quickly enough, the pee will begin to oxidize and react with your rug or carpet. This eventually creates a color change resulting in a tough stain in your rug. Waiting too long to remove the dried dog urine or cat urine can unfortunately result in permanent stains.
Additionally, if urine gets on certain kinds of upholstery or carpet, it can transform the dye structure over time. This results in permanent fabric discoloration. Sometimes, the dye structure could have already been damaged previously by removing the soluble build-up.
In order to get rid of long-standing stains and odors, Carpet Cleaning of Columbia, SC follows a step-by-step process to give you the best results in the area.
If you have questions about our pet stain removal services, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us today!
Carpet cleaning of Columbia’s top priority is providing the best possible service for our customers. We know how important it is to have a clean, odor free home. That is why we are committed to providing the best possible service!